Don’t want to spend your winters getting bored? Thinking of playing a game? Why not tic-tac-toe?
Nothing can be as exciting as playing tic-tac-toe. And to give a more refreshing vibe to your game, you can use starfish and sand dollars on a DIY Coastal Tic-Tac-Toe Board. The starfish would be your X’s, and sand dollars would be the O’s.
Trust me, this coastal tic-tac-toe board looks extremely pretty and is also easy to make. Just get some good quality starfish and sand dollar from North Florida Shells, and you can knock out this one in just a single afternoon.
DIY Coastal Tic-Tac-Toe
Things needed -
- 1- Pine Panel Board (15.5? x 48?)
- Measuring tape
- 3- Hardwood Rectangle Molding (1/4? x 1/2? x 4')
- Rafter Square
- Circular Saw
- Miter Saw
- Paint/Stain (optional)
- Sand sponge
- Foam brush
- Soft rag
- Sand Dollars
- Measure the width of the board and mark it along the length. With the use of a circular saw, cut out an exact square of the board, and a beam square to help keep the saw straight.
- Now create the external frame edge by cutting a rectangular trim piece into 4 - 15.5? lengths. Cut the edges at a 45° angle. Also, cut 2 – 14 3/4? and 6 – 4 1/2? lengths with straight cuts on end.
- With wood glue, set the molding pieces in place to form a frame around the tic-tac-toe board. Wipe off any leakage or glue spills with the help of a wet cloth.
- Stick the 2 inside pieces at equal distance from each other. This will create 3 columns of equal space between them. Each created column is 4 1/2? inches wide.
- Glue the 4 1/2? spacers that are for creating a grid pattern.
- Now, this step is an option. You can paint the board, stain it, or leave it as it is. You can use any paint and stain and apply it using a foam brush. Once applied, leave it for some time to dry and then wipe off the excess stain with a soft cloth.
- Get your starfish and sand dollars and choose 5 each to play the amazing coastal tic-tac-toe game.
The conclusion -
This is one of the easiest DIY games that you can play in your sunny afternoons or lazy evenings. You can also make a board and present it as a gift to your loved ones.
Just ensure to buy the best starfish and sand dollars from North Florida Shells to make the DIY Coastal Tic-Tac-Toe board look even prettier. You can also have a look at our extensive collection of other sea creatures such as sea urchins, hermit crab shells, etc.